Sunday, January 10, 2010

Double South

It was a spectacular weekend here in the Pacific Northwest.  The temperatures were a balmy mid 50s during the day and the sun was out for good portions of the days.

I was up at 6:30 this morning for a loop ride around the island.  It was dark when I started, but grew light enough by the time I finished that I could turn off the NightRider.  I did a loop of Mercer Island and added on another round of the south end for a ride I'm calling "Double South."  Unforunately, I do not know how far it really was because my cyclometer was belly up when I started.  I hit a huge bump on the north end of the island by the Lid Park and it started working, but I didn't get a final mileage.  I'm going to guess around 18 miles overall.

I felt great finishing up and the knee held together fine for the rest of the day.  I need to build my commitment to riding on these nice days.

Highlight of the morning:  Mount Ranier standing tall and white with snow in a bright salmon and coral morning light.  Absolutely spectacular!  I must start to bring a camera on these rides.

charles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!