Sunday, January 15, 2012

Revival Cycle LLC

Well, it's official.

I've been toying with the idea of starting up a bicycle-related business of some sort and I've finally done it.  I have incorporated under the name Revival Cycle LLC in Washington State. 

veloscene will still continue, as the official blog of revival cycle.  In fact, I hope to up the frequency of posts to support the site.

What will revival cycle do?

Starting out, it will be the place where I will sell vintage bikes that I have "revived."  There have been a LOT of bikes I have revived over the last 10 years and they just get sold via craigslist.  In this way, I can actually gain some tax advantages from this activity.

I have also created a custom saddlebag support that I'm selling.

I've always harbored a dream of opening a bicycle-themed cafe... these are the first tentative steps toward that goal.

I have also been inspired by the mission of World Bike Relief.  My plan is to donate the proceeds from the business to them to support the mission of giving bikes to people in developing countries.  My first bike inspired me to independence, and I think its great to see the independence that comes to others.

Lot's of work to do!!

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to see what's next charles. congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool! Good luck!

    Kira

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!