Saturday, August 30, 2014

Raleigh RSW Ephemera: Original MK II Care Manual

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have really found myself falling for the small wheeled folders and shopper bikes of England in the
1960's and 70's.  During my purusing of eBay and other sites, I have come across some interesting ephemera from the period in addition to the bikes.

Today, I photographed a recent purchase: An original manual for an RSW MK II.  I purchased this from someone in England via eBay about a month ago.  I'm just getting around to putting the photos up for posterity.  I hope they will provide someone out there with detailed information on these innovative little bikes… or possibly just a good laugh.

All of the pages have been photographed with an iPhone 5 camera.  Even the blank ones, just to be thorough.



































2 comments:

  1. Dear Charles.
    Absolutely amazing!
    You made my day!
    I am the (very) happy onwer of a blue RSW MK2, probably from 1968, all original including the white tires, white bag etc, and love it.
    Getting access to these pages of this catalogue was absolutely important for me.
    Thanks a lot for sharing it.
    Fundamental importance for the details from these pages.
    Thanks again,
    Sergio
    Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sergio,

    Thanks ever so much for the comment. I am very glad you were able to find some use in this. I still have three RSW bicycles. One green Compact (folder) and two RSW 16's one in Flamenco Red and the other green. They are mainly for show, but I do get them out on special occasions!

    Check out some of the other photos and advertising I've collected too... just for fun.

    Thanks again and let me know if you have any questions.

    charles

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!